If you have recently reviewed some editorial that refers to new design trends, you will probably have noticed the role played by hanging furniture like the ones we are proposing today. Suspended toilets and toilets Do not go unnoticed in the modern bathrooms of design houses.
In front of conventional toilets, the suspended ones offer a Greater visual lightness And more elegant proportions in terms of design. In addition, they facilitate the cleaning of the bathroom; A practical matter that we should not ignore. Its advantages are many, but its installation also implies some inconvenience. In Decoora we show you the pros and cons of a booming trend.
Advantages of suspended toilets
It is easy to visually recognize the advantages of suspended furniture; No one escapes that are lighter visually. They have"minimal"shapes that fit perfectly into Modern and modern interiors . Beyond design, they also provide functional advantages that we also analyze.
- Suspended toilets are Visually very light. Levitated on the ground and have proportions are lighter.
- They have More elegant proportions. By dispensing with the floor support and hiding the cistern, suspended toilets have a cleaner geometry and a more elegant proportions than traditional toilets.
- They allow a Better cleaning Of the bathroom. Dirt will not accumulate on the floor as is the case with traditional toilets and their design will avoid the existence of difficult access and cleaning nooks. The ease of cleaning is undoubtedly one of its functional advantages to consider.
- They can be different heights According to your needs.
- It is possible to find them with different sizes, being smaller models with small cisterns the most appropriate for small bathrooms and toilets.
Disadvantages of suspended toilets
Despite the advantages not everyone is committed to suspended toilets when it comes to decorating the bathroom. Why? There are some disadvantages that make many continue to prefer traditional systems. Its installation is more complex and its Significantly higher cost.
- Do we lose space? Suspended toilets usually carry a cistern that is hidden in the wall. The finer cisterns do not occupy less than 8 cm. A fact that we must take into account and that can force us to modify the partitions. A modification that we can also take advantage of.
- Its installation is complex . When the home has built-in storage, installing this type of toilet is not a quick task. Sometimes the work necessary for its installation is considerable and entails an extra cat.
- Requires a Greater economic outlay. The complexity of its installation makes its price significantly higher. It can also be maintained. Although all the mechanisms susceptible to be damaged are accessible from the discharge button; A serious fault, can disassemble the budget.
- May generate insecurity . At first, the feeling of being suspended does not please everyone. A minor drawback that disappears over time.
Once you know the advantages and disadvantages of suspended toilets one can realize that they are a great alternative for those who have medium bathrooms, are willing to touch the walls and have a generous budget. When these conditions were met and decided to bet on a suspended toilet to gain in lightness and elegance, the next step will be to know the different Types of suspended toilets That the market offers us.
Types of suspended toilets
There is a Wide range of toilets Suspended in the market. However, they are all capable of being classified into two categories: In-tank toilets and toilets with built-in cisterns. Knowing both systems is imperative to make the most appropriate decision when it comes to decorating the bathroom.
With In-Tank System
In-tank is a system With integrated tank , Launched by the Spanish brand ROCA. A revolutionary system that combines in one piece simplicity, aesthetics and ease of installation, since it does not require a tank or a drive plate for its operation. They are toilets that also feature Soft Air® technology, which ensures an optimal and quiet discharge. Given its characteristics, its price is high, exceeding 1300 €.
With built-in cistern
Systems with built-in tank Hide the unsightly cistern . For this we are required, however, to carry out works. If this is not a problem, it can become the perfect excuse to redesign our bathroom. How? Taking advantage of that extra hole we need to win the wall to create a practical shelf or a wall that allows us to separate different spaces.
It is a somewhat more economical system than the previous one. We can find suspended toilets with recessed cisterns From € 580. Price, to which we will have to add the one of the works derived from the installation of the recessed cistern.
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of suspended toilets, would you choose this type of piece to decorate the bathroom?